Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Walking Home, Finding Inspiration.

I really don't like walking home. 
Actually, scratch that. I don't mind walking home; I don't like carrying my heavy bag all of the way home.

I think about a lot of things while walking home. I usually take the same route everyday, so I know my surroundings well and I have space in my head to think.

It's funny how we think of space in our minds; like we are going to run out. Can we run out of space in our heads?

When I am carrying my heavy bag, I think about the women who have to carry water jugs just to drink. Then I inhale and switch my bag to the other arm, hoping it doesn't leave a red mark on my shoulder (my skin is so sensitive).

I count my steps sometimes, to pass the time. 10 minutes is so much slower when you're carrying a bag full of French books and art supplies.

Sometimes I count in French, or try to translate lyrics of a song from English to French.

The other day, I decided to look for images that stuck out to me. Beautiful things. 

I tried to take photographs as I walked, without stopping. I got a few really good ones, I think.

The lamp at St. Mary's









The overgrown path on Lincoln (I think it's Lincoln)

  






        The flowers in a grassy alley
The purple weeds off of 11th Avenue

  






This beautiful white building across from yellow flowers on Lawrence.







This old house with bright red roses.






This salmon colored house with flags and bells.











I really enjoyed taking pictures.

I think it's important to take a side step and try to find things that attract you (like buildings or certain types of plants) and then ask yourself why?

Why do the purple weeds in the alley attract me?
Why does the overgrown path intrigue me?
Why does the salmon house with party flags amuse me?

And why are they relevant?


No comments:

Post a Comment