Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Masters Love Cats.

We love cats. Cats are everywhere! (sloths are the new cats, apparently?) 

At any rate, I got to thinking about art which lead me to thinking about common misconceptions about artists... which lead me to pieces of art that people would not recognize by artists... which lead me to cats in art. (my train of thought is beyond alarming).

So, that leads me to the next few images. Cats in art by artists that you have probably heard of.

1. Daubigney's Garden With Black Cat by Vincent Van Gogh


Look in the image above all the writing, on the bottom left... Mr. Kitty is on the prowl.


2. Carrier Belleuse Ballerina With a Black Cat by Edgar Degas 
(the ballerina painter guy)

 

 I love that little face!

3. Cat Sketches by Leonardo Da Vinci  
(if you don't know this artist, you're fired. Mona Lisa)


 

 These kitties look like little lions!Thank God cats aren't the size of lions... because then they'd be... lions.


4. Cat Sleeping on a Bed by Claude Monet
 

 This means that Monet must have been sitting. By a bed. With a cat on it. It's so romantic to imagine all of these famous artists giving cats attention! :)


5. Woman With a Cat by Pierre Auguste Renoir


 




6.  Woman With a Cat by Pablo Picasso

 

 Ah, the famous woman batterer, brilliant painter. At least he loved cats.



No comments:

Post a Comment